Patrick Campbell on Building a $10MM Startup, Completely Customer-Funded
Today, on The Early-Stage Founder Show, I’m talking with Patrick Campbell, the Co-Founder and CEO of ProfitWell, a SaaS startup that provides businesses with all of their subscription and financial metrics in one place, totally free.
Another piece of the ProfitWell empire is Price Intelligently, which is a software and service hybrid that helps SaaS businesses optimize their pricing and make more money.
Patrick was on the show for episode 3 and in that episode he dove into the details of how SaaS startups are leaving real money on the table with ineffective pricing and shares how they can fix it.
In today’s chat, we are going to go in a different direction by taking a behind the scenes look at how Patrick and his team have built this company into a $10 million dollar rocket ship, all while being completely customer-funded.
Patrick is somebody in this space that when they talk, you need to listen, and I don’t think this interview is any exception.
If you’re looking for practical, actionable advice for building a fast-growing startup without millions of VC dollars in the bank, then you’re in the right place.
Background leading up to today
What’s changed at Profit Well since you were last on ESF 18 months ago?
- Revenue, headcount, etc.
- What’s changed at Profit Well since you were last on ESF 18 months ago?
Zero to $10 Million as a Customer-Funded Company
What are your goals with Profit Well?
- “Trying to build a big business, not work 4 hours a week for an annuity”
- What has been the primary driver of your growth?
The role of process and systems
- When did VAs come into the picture? What were they doing?
- How do you decide whether or not to outsource or bring something in-house?
- What new challenges are you preparing for going forward?
- What are your goals with Profit Well?
“Rapid Fire” Questions
- What is something you’re personally trying to learn or get better at?
Where to learn more:
To hear more from Patrick, you can follow him on LinkedIn or tune into the show to get his email address and contact him directly.